What is the Potenza?
Potenza delivers thermal energy to deeper tissue, causing tissue contraction. The energy/heat also triggers the body to produce collagen and elastin, which produces skin tightening through soft-tissue coagulation.
The Potenza RF microneedling system adds the element of radiofrequency energy to the traditional microneedling procedure. The RF energy is delivered via small needles. In addition to the benefits seen with the mirco-injury provided by the microneedles, RF microneedling also delivers RF energy deep into the dermis, further enhancing skin tightening through soft-tissue coagulation. The RF energy heats the underlying layers, causing constriction and tightening of the skin through soft-tissue coagulation, as well as causing the stimulation of collagen and elastin production. Because the RF energy is delivered so deeply, it can produce faster, more dramatic results.
How long does the treatment take?
Treatment times may vary; however, most treatments can be performed in 45 minutes or less.
What areas of the body can be treated?
- Full Face
- Back of the arms
- Back of the legs
- Clients with a pacemaker
- Clients who have previously had a gold-thread skin-rejuvenation treatment
- Clients with keloid formation propensity
- Clients with skin infections
Expected Side Effects:
- Erythema (redness) may occur after the treatment, lasting a few hours and up to three days
- Tissue may be edematous (swollen) for a few hours up to several days
- Pinpoint bleeding on the surface of the skin can be expected with deeper treatments. Bleeding is temporary and is typically resolved by the end of the client’s visit
- Overtreated tissue may heal with small areas of micro crusting or scabbing
- Burning sensation: patients may feel uncomfortable temporarily while receiving treatment
- Temporary tingling which resolves within 48 hours
- All Potenza tips are sterilized, but there is a risk of bacterial infection.
- The practitioner is advised to always wear medical-grade, disposable, non-sterile gloves during the treatment and to keep the treatment site clean.
- Be aware that during the treatment, if the needle is not fully inserted or if after the treatment artificial exfoliation occurs, it may cause hyper- or hypopigmentation.
- Textural Irregularities
- Treating to deeply and at high energies may cause textural changes, especially on the neck area.
- During the treatment, temporary folliculitis may be caused by thermal stimulation of the hair follicles.
- The heat stimulation applied to the hair follicles may temporarily increaser sebum secretion immediately after the treatment.
Patients will be asked to sign a photography consent and release form. Taking Before and After images is always recommended. NuVo will not use your photos for social media UNLESS you give consent. We will make your identity hidden and blackout any prominent facial features.
Potenza Pre-Treatment Guidelines:
- Keep hydrated by drinking water (at least eight cups daily) or hydrating fluids to improve treatment outcomes.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- For three to seven days prior to treatment, at physician’s discretion, avoid therapies that may cause erythema (redness) or irritation, such as retinols or products containing isotretinoin and any exfoliating acid preparations.
- Shave visible hair from the treatment area.
- Male beards should be shaved on the day of treatment.
- The same procedure should be followed prior to each visit.
|Treatment Area:||1 Treatment:||Package of 3:|
|Abdomen||$799 & up||Call for Pricing|
|Back of Arms||$699||$1,850|
|Back of Legs||$849||$2,300|
|Full Face, Neck & Chest Combo for $1199|